Reports to: Regional Vice President of Hotel Operations
Directly responsible for the overall financial, profitability, safety, maintenance, positive culture and brand compliance of the hotel.
Minimum 2 years General Manager experience in a full-service hotel.
Associates Degree or higher degree preferred.
- Revenue - Achieve all budgeted numbers. Daily involvement in sales and revenue management. Assist sales team in closing business. Ensure consistent positive RevPAR Index.
- Culture / Morale / Turnover / Team Member Relations - Lead by example, build a solid culture and minimize team member turnover. Attend departmental stand up meetings, hold one on ones with hotel staff and hold team accountable.
- Community - Involvement in the community. Join one organization, CVB, chamber, etc.
- Maintenance - Ensure solid preventative maintenance programs are in place for the entire hotel and equipment, etc.
- Brand Compliance - Must ensure passing of all brand training, QA inspections, etc. Be at or higher than brand thresholds.
- Safety - Oversee management to ensure team members are certified in all applicable state and required safety certifications (CPR, etc). In addition, ensure everyone is trained on Emergency procedures, where to find the emergency manual, where to find various shut off valves, fire panel, etc. Ensure regular safety inspections for each department. Ensure claims are minimized. Live and breathe safety.
- Cost Containment / Profitability - Uses company resources effectively, controls expenditures and contributes cost reduction ideas while maintaining the highest level of operation and service. Control all expenses, re-bid service agreements, ensure PO and labor systems are in place and followed. Achieve or exceed profitability numbers.
- Drive results of the Balanced Scorecard
- Drive revenue results for the hotel
- Drive profit results for the hotel
- Drive flex/flow results for the hotel
- Monitor and drive guest satisfaction scores for the hotel
- Drive market share for the hotels (STR)
- Ensure managers completes performance reviews are on time.
- Help oversee the sales functions at the hotel
- Own the budget process for the hotel
- Own the forecast for the hotel
- Attend revenue calls and help plan revenue management strategies for the hotel
- Assists with training and development of department heads
- Ensure payables are controlled and solid accounting procedures in place.
- Answer ongoing questions from the property Regional Manager, Executive VP of Operations, COO or ownership
- Complete monthly report or other requested reports
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and basic labor laws, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
HAMPTON INN - WATERBURY
777 Chase Pkwy, Waterbury, CT 06708